Talabheim United

Awatar użytkownika
Cicuit
rekrut

Talabheim United

Post autor: Cicuit » 13 lut 2023, 22:05

Board of Directors meeting of the team. An energetic young man speaks to the team owners.

"Dear colleagues, all gathered here agree that the previous season was not a success for us. The team did not show anything outstanding. Also, following tradition, the most valuable members of our team turned out to be... too valuable.

The young man glanced at the treasurer: a hunched and shaking man in glasses.

"So, I conducted an analysis and came to the conclusion that our team is too conservative. The Kislevites impress Old World with their jumps and tricks, Nobility teams skillfully combine grace and roughness, and the rage of northern barbarians cannot be matched even by orcs! But we have a strict conservative game, and the players are almost bound by their role. So I propose to replace the departed players with dwarves.

The murmur is heard in the hall.

"I understand your confusion. Such an alliance of two races has never been seen in this sport. Only a special coach can lead the team to victory.

A gloomy man of elven appearance enters the hall.

"Joseph Morranion. My training methods are unique. I have won multiple trophies in all of the Old World with many different misfits. I can even make a tree walk. You can tell I’m a special one."

Awatar użytkownika
Cicuit
rekrut

Re: Talabheim United

Post autor: Cicuit » 21 lut 2023, 22:50

Talabheim United post-game press-conference

-Mister Morranion, could you comment on the loss in the opening game?
-The better team lost today. We had better tactics, better idea, better technique. We had passing play, we bettered them in fight, and they just walked in. I would never order my guys to boringly walk in.
-Mister Morranion, you mentioned about your 'special" technique. So far, the technique is what the team is clearly lacking. What are you going to do about it?
-The team is not lacking technique. The guys just need to remember a couple things. I was talking to our thrower: "Mark, son, I appreciate that suplex on that orc, he definitely felt that. Just please, not when you have the ball!" So I taught the team: "If you are not sure, just push them away".
-Thank you, mister Morranion. Anything you want to say to the doubters?
-I am a man of my word. I said that I can make the tree walk, and I will.

Thorgan the Hazard learned Juggernaught

Awatar użytkownika
Cicuit
rekrut

Post autor: Cicuit » 05 mar 2023, 21:55

-Mister Morranion, what has happened in this game?
-The game was rigged from the very beginning. Thorgan was sent off before the game even begun! And then brave little Sanchez tripped over that silly viking, and the ref sent him off! Unbelievable.
-Today, the team struggled with dodging a lot. Would you invest in this skill before next games?
-Marco trains to dodge every single day, yet the only thing he learned is how the astrogranite tastes. Instead, I taught the guys some of the jobs that dwarven linemen usually learn. Who knows what kind of buffooneries will the next ref be up to. Versatility is the key. And by the way, the tree is making some progress in walking!

Bal Otel-Troll learned Guard
Mark Rash learned Shadowing
Ferdinand de Roi learned Arm Bar

Awatar użytkownika
Cicuit
rekrut

Post autor: Cicuit » 14 mar 2023, 22:19

-Congratulations on the first victory with Talabheim United! What was different in this game compared to the previous that made you win?
-Surprisingly enough, the weather. Perhaps the norsemen are used to harsh snow all the time, so rain really shuffled their cards. Me and the lads are trained to play in any conditions, so the guys did not care at all.
-Today you faced the infamous Delilah Freasse, who has been terrifying the league with their outrageous gameplay. Were the players nervous to meet a star of that caliber for the first time?
-If this is who you call a star, then we got 13 of them. Roy stomped on him a couple times, and that's a done deal. We did not even train fouling, Roy just did what felt natural, and moved on with the game.
-In the next game, you are playing the Norse again. It seems like you have them figured out, haven't you?
-Yes, I believe the tactics are working, so we will continue doing what we do: push further and further.

Small Chris learned Juggernaut

Awatar użytkownika
Cicuit
rekrut

Post autor: Cicuit » 24 mar 2023, 20:44

-Just as I said before, we had figured out the Norse. They acknowledged that they stand no chance against me and didn't put any resistance.
-Mister Morranion, it must feel good to return from cold Norsca back to Talabheim, right?
-This city surely has more pests then I can remember. These ones look especially nasty.

Points at the group of skaven

-Sir, this is your next opponent.
-What, the government can't solve the problems so that I have to do it for them?! Ridiculous! You know what, fine. I have just taught the guys how to exterminate their opponents, then they surely can exterminate a few rats!

Mark Rash learned Sneaky Git
Ferdinand de Roi learned Mighty Blow
Dirty Sanchez learned Safe Pair of Hands
Didier Dragball learned Strip Ball

Awatar użytkownika
Cicuit
rekrut

Post autor: Cicuit » 25 kwie 2023, 20:57

-Mister Morranion, congratulations on winning the game. Our guests from Skavenblight put up a good fight, but one could argue that Nuffle liked Talabheim more. What would you say to the sceptics?
-These rats are really nasty, that's true. Kill one, there's 3 more. Thank Nuffle they were kind enough to kill themselves. I'll still take the paycheck for pest extermination, please.
-Today we lost a valuable member of our team. Small Chris was a fan favorite and a great friend. How did the team react to this loss?
-Very differently. David Bek, today's MVP, was so shocked that he wants to distance himself from it as much as possible. Thorgan was enraged by the loss of his dwarven brother, you can expect him to be an even bigger menace to the opponents. Marco has the spirit to fight for two, although I personally don't think it's the best idea.
-With that victory, Talabheim United sits at the top of the group. Did you expect to be in contention for the play-off in your first season?
-Of course. I told you I'm the special one.

David Bek learned Fend
Marco Kreuss learned Multiple Block
Thorgan the Hazard learned Grab

Awatar użytkownika
Cicuit
rekrut

Post autor: Cicuit » 10 maja 2023, 23:28

-Mister Morranion, congratulations on another victory! But you sure had the fans worried in the first half. The ball carrier was constantly under attack and the ball was lost on numerous occasions. How could you explain such sloppy gameplay?
-Well, before the game, I studied our opponents very carefully. What I learned is that amazons like to dodge. Dodge here, dodge there, you know. So I thought that they would dodge the fight too. They did not.
-So, do you admit that it was your mistake as a coach?
-You journalists are nasty people. We won the game. The team worked great as a unit, every player was exactly where they are supposed to be. The combination at the end of first half was so beautifully executed I bet even the opposing coach was in awe. But no, you can't notice good things, now can you? Ooh, Morranion made a mistake, Morranion out.

Morranion proceeds to leave the press conference. Journalists rush towards him and ask questions on the run.

-Thorgan has become an absolute juggernaut under your coaching. How did you manage to train the dwarf so well?
-Ferdinand has become a star of the team, is he becoming a bigger authority for the team than you?
-Didier snatched the ball from opponent at the crucial moment of the game, did you plan it all along?
-You are playing the leader of the division next time, any special preparations?
-Do Treemen dream of Altern forest sheep?

-I prefer not to speak. You will somehow find a way to use it against me. If I speak I'm in big trouble.

Drzewo learned Juggernaut
Ferdinand de Roi learned Kick
Eden the Hazard learned Pile Driver

Awatar użytkownika
Cicuit
rekrut

Post autor: Cicuit » 23 maja 2023, 19:24

-Our condolences for your loss. We obviously don't mean the result. The game is secondary to a loss of a human life. Ferdinand de Roi was without a doubt the leader of the team. The timing of it could have not been worse, with play-off looming. Can the team recover in such a short time?
-Of course, nobody can fully replace Ferdinand. Not to mention a couple more players getting injured. What can a tree even injure? Can't we just put it on the field for it to do nothing? That's his entire job anyway! Now I am forced to play some untrained rookies who I've never even seen before!
-Speaking of, you can definitely count on help of the star players in the first play-off game. We saw the management hiring Delilah Freasse, who you had some experience with. Should we expect more collaboration between Talabheim United and the infamous slayer?
-He's overrated, that's all I have to say. Wasn't impressed when he was against us, even less impressed now. Will probably look for someone faster to fill Ferdinand's role.
-Thank you very much, and good luck. Team is in a very difficult situation, will take something or someone special to turn it around. Talabheim is counting on you.

Bal Otel-Troll learned Brawler
Bruno Nohablo learned Dauntless

R.I.P. Ferdinand de Roi

Awatar użytkownika
Cicuit
rekrut

Post autor: Cicuit » 17 cze 2023, 20:37

-Congratulations on a magnificent victory! This game was a real nail-biter, requiring teams to battle it out in the overtime. Talabheim United had a really rough last game, and it is nothing less than a miracle that you managed to turn it around!
-Nothing is a miracle when you are a Special One. Last game was hard, but I am not the one to give up easily. We miss the blitzer - buy a new one. We miss a tree - hire a better one. This game was no better when it comes to deaths, worse actually. But that won't stop us. Team learned a valuable life lesson in the game against those pesky lizards, so I am certain that loss of our beloved team members won't affect the team morale.
-Speaking of lizards, your semi-final opponent is destined to be a lizardmen team. Do you wish to get a revenge against a team you already played, or to try your forces against a new opponent?
-Big lizards, small lizards, blue lizards, green lizards - all the same. Doesn't matter if our blacksmiths make armor so thin. If green ladies can tear it apart, so would lizards of any color.
-I am sorry, but do you imply that women shouldn't be able to kill as good as men?!
-Ehm, I prefer not to continue on this thought. I believe I am already in big trouble.

Mark Rash learned Dirty Player
Marco Kreuss learned Shadowing
Didier Dragball learned Frenzy

R.I.P. Thorgan the Hazard
R.I.P. David Bek

Awatar użytkownika
Cicuit
rekrut

Post autor: Cicuit » 28 cze 2023, 22:02

Coach Morranion enters the conference room. Behind him, one can hear fans clapping and chanting: "Phil! Phil! Phil! Phil!

-Mister Morranion, that was a phenomenal display of team spirit! Right when the team needed new heroes, Phil and Wout come to save the day. First, Wout tackled the skink who was about to score, attempted to pick up the ball, but it slipped right through his hands. But before anyone could blink, Phil caught the ball from his teammate and managed to go all the way to the endzone. Bear in mind, dear viewers, that both Phil and Wout joined the team after the group stage, meaning it is only their 2nd game on the big Cabalvision screen. How did you manage to train these guys in such a short amount of time?
-The answer is simple: it's the Talabheim spirit. Phil and Wout were born and bred in Talabheim, working their way through the lowest divisions of local Blood Bowl. Even if they lack in experience, they compensate it with passion and effort. At the end of the day, it was spirit that carried us through. The lizardmen, known for their cold blood, could not handle the fire of Talabheim. They made more mistakes than you would expect from a semi-finalist team, and it wasn't the opposition coach's fail. The players just could not handle the heat.
-First season, and already a final. The other finalist, the mighty Tomb Kings, have made their semifinal look easy. It would certainly be the toughest task you faced so far. I will not ask if you have any special preparation or tactics, because it is self-explanatory. All I want is to wish you good luck. Talabheim got your back.

Drzewo learned Grab
Mario Felony learned Mighty Blow
Phil Jones learned Wrestle

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Liga woli Nuffla”